This was a crazy weekend for me.
On Friday, I visited Baylor friends in Waco. On Saturday, I went to a college roommate’s wedding in Temple. Then Saturday night and Sunday morning, I celebrated a friend’s impending wedding in Austin.
I started on I-35 in Dallas and made my way down slowly but surely each day. And man, it was so incredibly exhausting. But also so incredibly worth it!
Things you must do in Waco:
- Magnolia Market- everyone knows about this, thanks to Chip and Jo. It’s really adorable and the backyard is great.
- Downtown Waco Farmers Market- every Saturday morning starting at 9 a.m. (I think?) So many vendors sell local goods and foods and wonderful things!
- Spice Village- located on Franklin, it’s a shopping addict’s wonderland. Clothes and knick knacks galore.
- Lula Jane’s- tucked away on Elm St., their pie and coffee is a lethal combination. And they have the kindest workers.
- Cameron Park- surprisingly huge and also great for hikes, who knew Waco had real terrain? There are swings at Lover’s Leap!
- Circle of Death- this traffic roundabout is absolutely terrifying bc we are Americans and Texans, and there’s no signage. But it’s actually hilarious and thrilling.
Things I did in Austin:
- Rainey St.- Technically I didn’t join in because I was sleeping, but my friends hit up this street for bars and great nightlife. I hear it’s awesome.
- Bouldin Creek Cafe- on 1st street. So delicious. The migas are a win, the endless drip coffee is a win. I don’t eat blueberries, but their blueberry cornbread looked sick.
- Sweet Ritual- My friends love this place because they serve vegan ice cream. Personally, not my thing. But their peanut butter was pretty good!
- Barton Springs- a few years back, I dove into the ice cold waters on a hot summer’s day. Best thing ever.
- Graffiti Park- really fun and makes me feel edgy, so yeah.
- Zilker Park- puppies galore. Great vb courts and wide open spaces for ultimate, football, or whatever your heart desires.
Man, it was good to get away.
I’ll be in St. Louis next weekend, so stay tuned for more #dimebeyonddallas!